Thursday, December 24, 2009

Book: "When God Prays" by Skip Heitzig


I'm not sure how long this book has sat in my "to read" pile, but it surfaced and I'm glad it did. About this time every year I try to read, or re-read, a book on prayer and I'm sure blessed picked this one up.

Heitzig uses the real Lord's Prayer, John 17, as his base for the book and expositorily moves forward.

That I picked this book up to read I don't believe to be accidental. This past year I've read the Book of John numerous times and have studied what many pastors and writers have had to say about the 26 verses of John 17. I'm not disappointed in the least about this author's commentary and teaching points.
As a bonus, there is some great material in this read for those searching out the "ministy of work" worldview.

To that end...Read Well.

No comments: