Sunday, July 27, 2008

"What Jesus Demands of the World" by John Piper

Years ago after studying Matthew 28:18-20 I began wondering what "all" did Jesus command? He told his apostles to "teach them to observe all that I've commanded."

So, what did he command?

Piper has worked through this question and his answer, only in part he admits, is this book. While the author admits this book is not exhaustive, it is lengthy and has incredible MEAT.

I've read through parts of the book a few times. I'm now studying each of the 50 demands one week at a time.

Demand #1 - 7/20/2008: John 3: 3,5,7 "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kngdom of God..Jesus answered,..do not marvel that I said to you, 'you must be born again.'"

7/25/2008: Now this is interesting that Jesus said that Nicodemus should not marvel. Even though Nicodemus was a teacher of God's word, still...not marvel? I'm pondering this some more..

7/31/2008: Some friends and I are going to be going through this book together over the next year. So, I'll continue this discussion on another blog. Let me know if you'd like to join in.

No comments: