Thursday, July 31, 2008

Book: "Riven" by Jerry B. Jenkins

Awesome book. Mr. Jenkins is a great novelist and what a great message. I've thought about the book every day since I finished it 5 days ago. And that is not like me.

I read novels to normally just escape into something other than TV or a movie and when I finish, that's it; done. But not this book. It leaves a mark...so far.

8/9/2008 - Update: two weeks later, I'm still thinking about the characters and still recommending the book to others. Cathy has finished it and was a bit upset with the ending - it is sobering!

After a couple of weeks, as riveting as the role of Brady is, I'm probably drawn just as much, if not more, to the Chaplain and his struggles. Yet, saying that just now, what a great and glorious God we have. Now that's a role!

Mid-September, 2008: Jenkins' story-line and characters continues to be infecting!

No comments: