Thursday, May 15, 2008

Book: The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Wild at Heart at its best. Period-the-end.

I've been intrigued by Navy Seals since I first heard about them in 1973 as a brand new Navy E-1 (that's low of the lowly). The company commander in the barracks next to ours was a decorated Seal and I still to this day have never seen anyone that brought about such respect just by his presence. You notice I said "seen" and not met - I never met the man, just saw him. I later met another Seal while in Submarine school and was also struck by something about him.

So, my judgement of the book could be a bit tainted, but there have been few books I've read that drew from me such emotion.

Petty Officer Luttrell, and others such as him...Thank you for doing what you've done.

God Bless.

Danny

No comments: