Sunday, June 22, 2014

Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown


I find it curious that I choose to just read this book through without a pen in hand. (was that an Adler thing?)

This is a new author for me, but it was recommended by Michael Hyatt. I think it came through the Platform University. Though it could have been a Facebook post Michael made (Ha. There's that FB working again!).

Now for the re-read, with a pin this time. Lots of important points I practice now, but I want to get better at. Some of those are..

  • If I don’t prioritize your life, someone else will.
  • Choose: The Invincible Power of Choice.
  • Trade Off: Which Problem Do I Want?
  • Look: See What Really Matters.
  • Clarify: One Decision That Makes a Thousand.
  • Dare: The Power of a Graceful “No.”
  • Limit: The Freedom of Setting Boundaries.
  • Subtract: Bring Forth More by Removing More.
  • Progress: The Power of Small Wins.
  • Flow: The Genius of Routine.
  • Focus: What’s Important Now?

Ok. Almost the entire book.

No comments: